THE DIOCESAN BUDGET FOR 2005
- GENERAL CHURCH
- General Convention Budget and Programs
To provide funding for the office of the Presiding Bishop, administration
of the Episcopal Church and the work of the Executive Council both overseas
and within the United States. This item is based on those vestries that
notify the Finance Department of the Diocese in writing that they wish
to have a portion of their diocesan assessment forwarded to New York. Not
more than 16.5% may be forwarded for this purpose. The estimate for
2005 is based on requests received from parishes for 2004.
- Domestic and Foreign Missions
This line item is an estimate of the redirected funds sent to alternative
ministries. The amount is determined by those vestries that do not wish
their assessment to support the General Convention Budget and Program.
The recipients are selected by our Diocesan Executive Council each year.
- Anglican Communion Network
These funds support the operations and ministry of the Network in upholding
and propagating the historic Faith and Order of the Church.
- Provincial Synod Assessment
To support the Province VII Synod in a program of mutual help and program
sharing among the twelve dioceses of the province.
- Deputies to General Convention
To support the involvement of the Diocese of Fort Worth deputation (including
the ECW) by contributing to the financial cost of its participation.
To provide membership in ecumenical agencies for the Diocese of Fort Worth.
An international meeting of all bishops in the Anglican Communion, is
convened by the Archbishop of Canterbury every ten years. Funds accrue
from one conference to the next to insure our Bishops ability to
- Center for Hispanic Ministries
To support ministry to Hispanic people in Province VII.
To strengthen the unity and mission of the Anglican Communion.
- THE EPISCOPATE
To provide the necessary financial support for the Bishop in his capacity
as pastor, liturgical advisor, and shepherd of diocesan ministry. This
represents stipend, housing allowance, auto expense, pension, and funding
for conferences and meetings.
- BUILDING OPERATION
To provide monies for utilities (electricity, water, etc.), security,
janitorial service, lawn care, maintenance and repair of the Diocesan
Center for Ministry.
- OFFICE OPERATION
To provide for the office operation of the Bishop and his staff and
to cover the expense of an annual audit as required by the Canons of
the Episcopal Church. Also included under this category are monies to
cover property insurance, surety bond, telecommunications, new equipment
and maintenance, office supplies, hospitality supplies needed to accommodate
group meetings, postage and chapel supplies.
- DIOCESAN SUPPORT
- Diocesan Convention Expense
To provide for the expenses of the annual gathering of representatives
from all parishes and missions of the Diocese in November.
This item pays the expense for occasional Diocesan services held at St.
Vincents pro-Cathedral such as ordinations and the Chrism Mass, etc.
This item assists in the offset of expense incurred for Deanery meetings
such as stationary, postage and copies.
- Retired Clergy Insurance Assistance
This item will supplement the E. D. Farmer Fund which provides relief
of insurance costs for retired clergy in the Diocese.
- PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION
Employees of the Diocese are referred to collectively as the Diocesan
Staff. They are employed to provide support for the mission, ministry and
diverse activities and obligations of the Bishop. Expenses included in
this department are:
- Compensation and Benefits provides a salary structure
for six positions: the Canon to the Ordinary, the Director of Business
and Finance, the Director of Communications and Planned Giving, and
three support staff.
- Meetings & Conferences includes funds for the Canons
travel to various meetings and conferences as well as provision for
various meetings at which the Executive staff members represent the
- Canons Auto Allowance This line provides funding
for the extensive travel of the Canon throughout the Diocese.
- Group Medical Insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Chancellor Expense provides assistance to cover expenses
incurred while carrying out his/her duties.
- Mission Department
- Grants to Missions - To provide financial support to
clergy serving in the Missions of the Diocese.
- World Mission - To provide recognition and support
for our companion Dioceses Northern Mexico and Northern Malawi.
- Moving Expenses - To provide the partial or complete
cost of moving, either intra-or-inter diocese, for clergy entering
mission congregations of the Diocese as well as the movement of seminarians
upon successful completion of seminary back to the Diocese of Fort
- New Church Plant To begin funding for new church
growth in the Diocese.
2. Department of Diocesan Ministries
- Protecting Gods Children - To provide the required
training for all persons who work with youth, in nurseries and other
areas of Church Ministries.
- Hispanic Affairs Committee - To assist in the work
being done in the Hispanic Congregation.
- Womens Cabinet - To provide financial support
for the Episcopal Church Women and their work in the Diocese.
- Director of Camp Crucis To provide funding for
stipend and benefits for the Director of Camp Crucis.
- Camp Crucis Grant - To provide facilities and staff
support for summer camp for the youth of the Dioceses of Fort Worth
and Dallas as well as retreats, conferences and seminars for the Diocese
of Fort Worth.
- Fort Worth "Forward in Mission"-
To communicate to the Diocese through the publication of the newspaper "Fort
Worth Forward in Mission" and the Diocesan Website at www.fwepiscopal.org.
- Planned Giving & Developing Program To provide
funds for program development.
- Youth Commission - To aid the Diocesan Youth Commission
in developing training conferences for adults who work with youth,
as well as programs and events for our young people.
- Worship Commission - To provide funds for the Commissions
work of enhancing the liturgy of churches in the Diocese through music
and liturgy workshops as well as Choir and Acolyte festivals.
- Diocesan Altar Guild - To provide financial support
for the Diocesan Altar Guild.
- T.C.U. Fort Worth, U.T.A. Arlington and Midwestern
University - Wichita Falls - To provide support for the
chaplain who brings the Episcopal Church to the students and faculty
members of these Universities and to provide students with increasing
knowledge of their faith comparable to their academic formation.
- Christian Education Provides assistance in planning
and conducting the Bishops Conference on Equipping the Saints
and continue to acquire new material for the Resource Room that provides
Christian education curriculum and resources for all parishes and missions.
- Evangelism Commission - The work of this committee
provides support for diocesan evangelism program (Telet) and the Bishops
Conference in 2005.
- Commission on Ministry - Provides funding for the work
of the Commissions on Ministry for the Priesthood, the Diaconate and
the Laity as God people seek to discern His call to ministry
in the service of His Church.
- Diocesan Curacies - To support the Diocesan Curate-Intern
program which enables the Bishop to place newly ordained clergy with
experienced rectors for training and practical experience in parish
- Seminarian Support - To provide financial assistance
- Anglican School of Theology - To support the work of
the AST housed at the University of Dallas in its common mission to
serve the Dioceses of Fort Worth and Dallas in the training of Deacons
as well as provide courses of enrichment for our laity.
- Episcopal Center for Renewal Provides programs
for the Dioceses of Fort Worth and Dallas, which draw people closer
to Christ, strengthens them in spiritual disciplines, and teaches them
how to share their faith with others. Increased to provide for an additional
- Bishops Conference Provides funding for
the annual Bishops conference on Equipping the Saints for Ministry.
- Clergy Retreats To provide funding for the Bishop
to provide a three-day retreat for the Clergy in January.
- Spiritual Life Committee Provides retreats,
quiet days and other opportunities for spiritual formation in the diocese.
- Clergy Conference To enable the Bishop to meet
with the clergy of the Diocese twice each year to discuss important
issues that affect the Church as a whole, the Diocese and ministry
on the local level.
- Department of Community Ministries
- DFW Airport Ministry Supports an interfaith
ministry which provides counseling, support and assistance to meet
the personal spiritual needs of the employees and passengers at DFW
- Samaritan House The Samaritan House provides
high quality, safe and compassionate supportive housing and home health
care services to low-income men and women living with HIV or AIDS.
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse Ministry Provide
parishes and missions with information and assistance in implementing
Christ Centered 12 Step Programs; establish and maintain a data base
of facilities and ministries designed to equip those in recovery to
avoid relapse and establish a fund to provide financial assistance
in the cost of residential recovery programs.
- The Episcopal Counseling Center - Provides Christian
Counseling services for anyone in the Diocese of Fort Worth, especially
low-income clients who are unable to fully pay for counseling services.
- Habitat for Humanity - These funds are used as seed
money in the construction of new homes to be sponsored jointly by the
Diocese and local Episcopal churches.
must have Adobe Acrobat
Reader installed on your computer in order to access convention information
online. Acrobat Reader is a free product and can be downloaded by clicking
on the icon below.
you are having trouble loading the files, try quitting other programs
and restarting your browser. It may also be helpful to download the
latest version of Acrobat Reader.