Resource Room Mission and Policies
Episcopal Diocese of Ft. Worth Resource Room
It is the Mission of the Diocesan Resource Room
1. Resources borrowed from the library are under U.S. Copyright laws. Rental or loan does not convey the right to reproduce.
2. Items may be reserved in advance by telephone, writing, or email. Contact information is at the top of the page.
3. Patrons may check out materials for 4 weeks, except for reserved and seasonal videos which are circulated for 2 weeks. All materials are loaned on a first request, first served basis.
4. Those having borrowing privileges are the Director of Religious Education (D.R.E.) for each parish and mission, parochial and diocesan lay leaders of ministries, Episcopal priests and deacons with parochial and diocesan ministries within the diocese (rectors, vicars, curates, chaplains), and certain diocesan employees. Others within parishes and missions wishing to borrow items must do so through either the priest in charge, the D.R.E., or other lay leaders with privileges.
5. Library items must be returned to the Resource Room by the due date. Return is the responsibility of the patron. We prefer not to charge fines and that patrons return items on time in consideration of others who might need them. Late items are subject to a fine of 25¢ per item per day.
6. Renewals must be made at least 24 hours prior to the due date.
7. Items may be renewed one time only unless there is a reserve on the item, in which case there is no renewal.
8. Patrons are asked to pay for items lost or damaged while in their care. Failure to do so results in a complete blocking of that patron from checking out materials from the Resource Room. Replacement of lost items will be as follows:
9. The C.E. Commission determines what donations and gifts are accepted for the library collection, with ultimate say the prerogative of the Bishop. Neither the Diocese nor the library will provide value estimates for gifts in keeping with IRS regulations. Gifts and donations not accepted can be sold or given away, or recycled as determined by the Commission. An itemÕs inclusion in the catalogue should not be construed as tacit approval of its contents.
10. At least annually the RoomÕs assets will be weeded out by removing of old, damaged, or obsolete items. Disposal of these items will be in accordance with the policy for donated items.
11. Computer workstation use in the Resource Room will be available only during times when staff are available to assist patrons. Anyone wishing to use the computer workstation should first sign in with either the library staff (if present) or with Susan Steele in Canon HoughÕs offices. Patrons should understand that our staffing is very limited at this time and assistance with computer problems or questions may not be available. Instructions for normal use of the Resource Room on-line catalogue are posted next to the workstation.
12. Photocopying is not available in the Resource Room. The Diocesan work room copier is accessible for limited use (10 copies or less) at 5¢ per copy. Please ask a staff member for assistance when using the copier.
13. Library hours and staffing: The Resource Room is open with sign-in through Susan Steele Monday Š Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Resource Room is open with a Librarian or Volunteer on premises the first and third Saturdays of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.